Friday, March 2, 2012

Crossing St. Lawrence River

Over the course of the next few days I am going to be posting a few photos from June 2011 when I drove from Boston, MA to North West River, Labrador. The goal of my trip was to spend 2 weeks making photographs with my large format camera and exploring eastern Canada. I was doing all of this while reading Great Heart: The History of a Labrador Adventure by James West Davidson (which I highly recommend) and thinking about the canoe trip of Leonidas Hubbard and companions. The book had an enormous influence of my image making and was definitely the inspiration to paddle the George River.

Here are a series of photos I made on the ferry while crossing at Trois-Pistoles to Les Escoumins, Quebec. Only wish the whales we spotted were closer... enjoy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment