Thursday, October 11, 2012

book binding

I spent my day binding a few books that I created while in grad school but never had the time to properly finish. The first project was a series of small books that I made while shooting at West Point. The size of the books was inspired by my great grandfather's "trophy print albums" from WWII. These books are basically his snapshots bound in the order that they were photographed. I liked the idea of making a book that used sequence without over-thinking content or progression. I decided to keep the books simple with a basic stitch to hinge them. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket The second project is an edit of portraits of various kayakers, canoeists, Coast Guard, Army and military men. I'm tentatively titling the book, Men of Action. The book is constructed as an accordion fold, which basically means the images zigzag between two unhinged book covers. Pretty thrilled with how the book turned out and excited to make more book dummies as I work on my edit for The Height of Land. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment